[html-formfu] Do you have plans about Moosification?

Michele Beltrame mb at cattlegrid.info
Thu Mar 11 15:42:54 GMT 2010

Hi!

> However, I really suggest you look at using a persistent interpreter.
> I use PersistentPerl to run a heavy Catalyst / DBIx::Class /

I already use persistent environments (FastCGI, especially) for most of
my applications.

There are, however, some cases which involve a server with a lot of
different small scripts which are seldom run, and which I wouldn't want
to persist (a-la-PHP, let's say).

For these, I might look into something which makes just perl persist
(fex. mod_perlite), but with Moose there still would be delay at
application startup.

> HTML::FormFu app under CGI which would normally have a 10 second
> startup time

I only have some tenths of second startup time currently in CGI mode
with HTML::FormFu, so it's perfectly usable in a CGI environment. I'll
see what happens with the Moosification.

At worst, I'll keep a local pre-moose FormFu dist for those applications.

Thanks,
Michele.

--
Michele Beltrame