[html-formfu] Re: problems with Repeatable Select and increment_fields_names = 0

Doug Orleans dougorleans at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 21:54:05 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Doug Orleans <dougorleans at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Doug Orleans <dougorleans at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yep, I just ran into the same problem with default_values.  (Change
>> process to default_values in my previous bug report to reproduce.)
>> Have you worked on this at all?
>
> Turned out to be pretty easy to apply the same fix as before.

Ran into the same problem with Checkbox.pm, both with default and
submitted values.  Fix is the same as with Select.

At this point I'm wondering if it's even worth the trouble to use
increment_field_names = 0.  It feels like there's a lot of code that
doesn't take into account that default and value can be arrays.  But,
it's just such a pain to deal with numbers in the field names,
especially when I'm dynamically adding and deleting form inputs in
Javascript, so they won't necessarily be consecutive numbers.  Am I
the only one using multiple same-named form parameters to submit
arrays of data?

--dougorleans at gmail.com