[html-formfu] new dists - major changes!

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 20:46:12 GMT 2010

I've uploaded new releases of HTML-FormFu, HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC &
Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu to pause, and they'll be on cpan soon.

I've been working on the moose branch lately, and it's almost ready to
merge back into trunk.
The benefits this will bring are primarily clearer code, using less
custom-idioms and no multiple-inheritance; making it easier for others
to understand and contribute.

NEW DEPRECATIONS
In the move to using moose attributes, we're no longer going to be
able to support being able to pass flattened arrays/hashes to methods
that store the values as an array/hash-ref.
e.g.
    $constraint->others( 'foo', 'bar' );
is no longer allowed, rather than the explicit:
    $constraint->others( [ 'foo', 'bar' ] );
This will only affect perl code - not any forms that are defined only
in config forms, so hopefully any changes required will be minimal.

To help with migration, this latest release of HTML-FormFu will issue
a warning if any attribute method is called like this.

PREVIOUSLY DEPRECATED CODE REMOVED
All methods / config-options in these 3 modules that have been
previously deprecated and were issuing warnings have now been removed.
These have all been deprecated for at least a year, so don't say you
weren't warned! :)

INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES IN BEHAVIOUR
Unfortunately, since Catalyst v5.80000, file-uploads haven't worked
properly with HTML::FormFu::MultiForm
To fix this, I've had to change HTML::FormFu::QueryType::Catalyst so
that we no-longer keep a reference to the Catalyst::Request::Upload
object.
Because of this, file-upload objects no longer have copy_to(),
link_to() or catalyst_upload() methods.
This is an immediate change, with no deprecation period!

OTHER CHANGES

HTML-FormFu 0.08002

    - Fix: Constraint::Equal with not(1) set no longer sets an error when both
      field values are empty strings.

    - Fix: An empty block with nested_name set, containing Label elements and
      no other fields, was causing the block's nested_name to be added to
      $form->valid(). RT #54967

    - Constraints that inherit from HTML::FormFu::Constraint::_others have a new
      'other_siblings' option, which auto-generates the 'others' list.

    - Constraint 'when' condition now supports new 'fields' and 'any_field'
      options.

HTML-FormFu-Model-DBIC 0.08002

    - many-to-many handling with restricting condition tests and code
      to prevent deleting outside of restriction in update code.

    - New 'others' option for Constraint::DBIC::Unique.

    - HTML::FormFu::Constraint::DBIC::Unique is now included in the distribution