[html-formfu] More problems installing

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:54:03 GMT 2011

On 31 March 2011 16:14, John M. Dlugosz <mk5h6fmfqx at snkmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/31/2011 6:04 AM, Carl Franks fireartist-at-gmail.com |FormFu Mailing
> List/Allow to home| wrote:
>>
>> It looks like the deps didn't install properly.
>> Did the new HTML-FormFu pass all its tests ok first?
>>
>> If you run this:
>>     perl -MMooseX::ChainedAccessors::Accessor -le 'print
>> MooseX::ChainedAccessors::Accessor->VERSION'
>> it should print:
>>     0.02
>>
>> Carl
>>
> john at makemake:~$ perl -MMooseX::ChainedAccessors::Accessor -le 'print
>> MooseX::ChainedAccessors::Accessor->VERSION'
> Can't locate MooseX/ChainedAccessors/Accessor.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1
> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .).
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

Hi,
It looks like you're trying to run the Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu
test suite without having successfully installed HTML-FormFu first.

Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu doesn't depend on a recent
HTML-FormFu, so I think you must have tried manually installing a
0.0900X version of HTML-FormFu, but its prereqs didn't install
cleanly, and it couldn't have passed it's own test suite.

So could you forget Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu for now, and retry
HTML-FormFu?
If you want the new Moosified version, the latest is 0.09002.

A recent version of CPAN / CPANPLUS / cpanminus shouldn't have trouble
noticing prereq installation failures, and will tell you there was an
error.