[html-formfu] More problems installing

John M. Dlugosz mk5h6fmfqx at snkmail.com
Fri Apr 1 17:34:24 GMT 2011

On 4/1/2011 3:54 AM, Carl Franks fireartist-at-gmail.com |FormFu Mailing List/Allow to
home| wrote:
> Hi,
> It looks like you're trying to run the Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu
> test suite without having successfully installed HTML-FormFu first.
>
> Catalyst-Controller-HTML-FormFu doesn't depend on a recent
> HTML-FormFu, so I think you must have tried manually installing a
> 0.0900X version of HTML-FormFu, but its prereqs didn't install
> cleanly, and it couldn't have passed it's own test suite.
I assumed that installing Catalyst-Controller-HTML-Form would depend on everything else.
When my earlier attempt to install FormFu failed, I thought the existing version would
remain unchanged.  I did not force anything.

Perhaps it does "depend" on something more recent, but doesn't list it formally?  You
might try testing it on a clean machine.

I'm installing FormFu, and it complains that I have an older version installed already and
suggests that I manually remove the files.  I renamed them with .old, in case I have to
put it back!  This will not be friendly when I upgrade the actual server.  Can you have
the installer do that automatically?

It complains "Could not read metadata file.  Falling back to other methods to determine
prerequisites"

After installing, it works fine!