[html-formfu] Element::Password, Model::DBIC and DBIC::EncodedColumn

Gabor HALASZ halasz.g at freemail.hu
Tue Apr 12 11:08:23 GMT 2011

Hi!

I have a litle big problem with $subject. The Model::DBIC handles
password fields as a standard field when creating or updating rows. This
is good for creating rows, but not for updating, because the empty
password field in the (prefilled) form means only 'dont change the
password', not 'delete the password'. Prefilling the password field is
very bad idea and not possible in most of case (with oneway encoded
passwords, etc...).
So I think, the Model::DBIC requires an extra check in update procedure
to handle this situation (and in this case, the password field will not
be deletable, but I think, this is a smaller problem). What about this?

--
Gabor HALASZ <halasz.g at freemail.hu>