[html-formfu] Element::Number locale bug or missing feature

Gabor HALASZ halasz.g at freemail.hu
Wed Apr 13 12:39:55 GMT 2011

Hi!

I have a simple form (with Catalyst) with one numeric field:

<elements>
   type                   Number
   name                   uuid
   precision              0

and I got an interestig message when rendering a form:

Use of uninitialized value $number in numeric comparison (<=>) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/Number/Format.pm line 541.

This is a simple param verification bug in Number::Format->format_number
function; if I specify the locale in my form config, this message
eliminated :).
I don't understand, why not affects the context localization, because I
have 'localize_from_context  => 1,' in my appconfig? And why call the
Number::Format on an empty form without default values?

--
Gabor HALASZ <halasz.g at freemail.hu>