[html-formfu] Problem installing new version

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Wed Apr 20 09:47:07 GMT 2011

Good evening,

On 31/03/11 at 12:30 PM +0100, Nigel Metheringham
<nigel at dotdot.it> wrote:

>On 31 Mar 2011, at 12:00, Carl Franks wrote:
>
>> I've just uploaded v0.09002 to cpan which should fix this.
>
>Just attempted upgrade (cpan gave me 0.09001 which failed on
>IO::Interactive), but an explicit install with 0.09002 did work OK,
>along with the Catalyst controller (already had current Model::DBIC).

I'm trying to update one of our servers and getting an error
creating the Makefile. Installing via CPAN failed so trying
manually I get:

$ perl Makefile.PL
Undefined subroutine &IO::Interactive::is_interactive called at
Makefile.PL line 42.

The installed version of IO::Interactive is 0.0.6.

So I just manually removed the old HTML::FormFu, and then got
the following error:

$ perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for HTML::FormFu
Undefined subroutine &version::_VERSION called at
inc/Module/Install/Makefile.pm line 357.

I proceeded with make/test/install anyway, and all seems fine. I
thought I better report my problems in case I'm missing
something I need to know about.

Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>