[html-formfu] Problem with rendering Label type on invalid submission

Rippl, Steve rippls at woodlandschools.org
Fri Feb 4 03:19:58 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> I'm afraid I haven't had a chance to try running any code for this,
> but I suspect the problem is because the Label element doesn't have a
> "name" defined.
> Although the name isn't used anywhere in the output xhtml, the Label
> element is still a Field element internally, and so must have a name.
>
> Carl

Thanks for the response Carl, but I don't think that's doing it!  I
changed the Multi and Labels to

   - type: Fieldset
     elements:
     - type: Multi
       name: jointcustody-multi
       elements:
         - type: Label
           tag: span
           name: jointcustody-label
           value: "IS THERE A JOINT-CUSTODY OR WASHINGTON STATE
PARENTING PLAN IN EFFECT?"
           container_tag: span

         - type: Radio
           name: jointcustody
           label: yes
           value: yes
           container_tag: span
           reverse_multi: 1

         - type: Radio
           name: jointcustody
           label: no
           value: no
           container_tag: span
           reverse_multi: 1

         - type: Label
           value: " (If yes, Washington State Parenting Plan must be
on file with the school for enforcement.) "
           name: jointcustody-label2

and still the Labels don't get rendered if other fields in the form
fail a constraint.  Here's the actual output...

<fieldset>
<input name="jointcustody-multi.jointcustody" type="radio" value="yes" />

<label>yes</label>
<input name="jointcustody-multi.jointcustody" type="radio" value="no" />
<label>no</label>

the <span></span> tags for the Labels are there in the output even if
I don't include the name attribute, they just don't have a name in
that case, but as you can see in either case the tags are empty.

Thanks for your time!

Steve

--
Steve Rippl