[html-formfu] migration to new version [was: Losing default value on update]

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Thu Feb 10 05:18:34 GMT 2011

Good afternoon,

On 10/02/11 at 12:30 PM +1100, Charlie Garrison
<garrison at zeta.org.au> wrote:

>After the HTML::FF update, I've got a number of problems with
>custom Elements and Plugins. Is there any sort of migration
>guide or other docco I can look at to know what the fundamental
>changes are?

Replying to myself in case it helps others...

I needed to use Moose-style inheritance to extend functionality
with roles, eg:

use Moose;
extends 'HTML::FormFu::Element';
with 'HTML::FormFu::Role::Element::Field';

I'm not sure if Element::Field is the best role to extend my
Element::Anchor, but it's working for me so good enough for now.

And rather than using `mk_item_accessors` I created Moose
attributes instead; eg:

has icon   => ( is => 'rw', traits => ['Chained'] );
has tag    => ( is => 'rw', traits => ['Chained'] );

I replaced `sub new` with `after BUILD`, eg:

after BUILD => sub {
     my $self = shift;

     $self->tag('a');
     return;
};

There were a few other changes I needed to make which were
probably specific to my code requirements, eg:

use HTML::FormFu::Util qw( xml_escape append_xml_attribute
process_attrs );

and

around render_data_non_recursive => sub { ... }

Overall it was pretty easy to convert Elements, Plugins,
Defalators and Inflators.

Thanks for your effort on all the moosey goodness with this
latest version of HTML::FF.

Now onto applying my patches for H::FF::Model::DBIC &
Constraint::Unique; hopefully I won't get stuck with those.

Thanks,
Charlie

--
    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>