[Html-widget] Patch to call process in embedded widgets

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 13:04:01 CEST 2006

On 17/08/06, Michael Gray <mjg17 at eng.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Here it is (2nd attempt - had to compress the patch to get through the
> mailing list).
>
> I still need to look at beefing up the documentation on these changes,
> but if they're going to be used, it would be sensible to get them into
> SVN as soon as possible so that existing SVN users can find the bugs not
> revealed by the test suite.
>
> Once this has gone in, I'll send a separate patch to refactor RadioGroup
> so that it can be used within a fieldset.

Michael,

Thanks, this has now been committed.

It took me a while to get through it all, but it looks really good.
I especially like being able to now do this...
  my $fs = $w->element( 'Fieldset', 'foo' );
  $fs->element( 'Textfield', 'bar' );
instead of having to use embed.

There's a couple of things I noticed ( which you're probably well aware of :)
* There's a check in HTML::Widget::element() for
$element->{_pseudo_block}, but there doesn't seem to be any other
mention of _pseudo_block in the code.
* There's a new $w->unwrapped. The pod for merge mentions it's use,
but there's no use of it in the code any where.

I'll see if I can get the time to document the use of xhtml_strict().
It might be a good idea for you to look what I added to the Changes
file, to see if you agree / want to add anything else.
It would be nice to have some tests using the new
implicit_subcontainer(), to demonstrate it's use.

I won't really have the time soon to make much use of these new
changes though, so it'd be good if others can checkout the latest svn,
and give it a whirl.
http://oook.de/svn/trunk/HTML-Widget/

Carl