No subject

Sat Aug 12 22:31:42 CEST 2006

displayed.

In the edit-method, I create the widget and a param-object which
contains the values of the object to be edited, process that, and then
display the form.

In the save-method, I create the widget, process the request and save
if all is okay, otherwise display again.

This setup worked nicely with (all) the default values being kept in
the editing-part.

(My work-around is to add a function that goes through all elements and
adds the default values to the values used for process in my
edit-method).

What I like about it is that the defaults for editing are defined in
the same method as the widget itself.

There is probably something I don't do (yet?) that makes the above
unworkable and requires the edit-method itself to put in the relevant
defaults, but I haven't hit it yet :-)

Maybe what I'm unconsciously implementing is different sets of
"defaults for add" and "defaults for edit". Hm.

I'm not sure what I think would be the best thing to do, I just needed
to vent my problem.

Sorry about the rambling.

  Best regards,

    Adam