[Html-widget] New dojo/ajax elements available for testing

Florian Ragwitz rafl at debian.org
Fri May 19 12:27:55 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 12:34:27PM +0100, Carl Franks wrote:
> There are 4 new ajax form elements available for testing from svn:
> http://oook.de/svn/trunk/HTML-Widget-Dojo
>
> Dojo::Date
> Dojo::Editor
> Dojo::AutoComplete::Textfield
> Dojo::AutoComplete::Select
>
> Any feedback welcome

I tried out the AutoComplete elements and find them quite usefull.

Nevertheless they don't show the same behaviour which I am used from
other, non-dojo, elements. As soon as I submit a form with a valid value
in a Dojo::AutoComplete::Select element and an invalid value in another
element I get a proper validation error for the second element and all
submited values are filled into the according input fields, except for
the AutoComplete element, which quite sucks because it forces the user
to input his value for the AutoComplete element after every submit which
resulted in a validation error.

I took a look at the dojo sources, but didn't find a way to set the
value myself in the controller. "comboBoxValue" looks promising, but I
didn't quite get it to work.

Any hints?

Cheers,
Flo

--
BOFH excuse #320:
You've been infected by the Telescoping Hubble virus.