[Html-widget] css for HTML::Widget

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 15:09:58 GMT 2006

On 03/11/06, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At http://zby.aster.net.pl/csslab/css I've created a simple appliance
> for testing CSS for HTML::Widget.  Excuse me for the current form of
> it - but before puting more work into that I wanted to ask your
> opinion about it, and if you think this is usefull  then also if
> someone could host it.
>

> The View page shows an example HTML::Widget result (with some errors)
> styled with the CSS defined on the Edit page. I hope it does not
> require much more explanation.  The source is at:
> zby.aster.net.pl/CssLab-0.01.tar.gz.

I think this looks like a great idea - with the potential to be a real
time saver.
Is it your intention that it would remain wide-open for public editing?
If not, it might be worth hosting it on catalystframework.org, to make
use of the authentication already in place.
Otherwise, I'd be happy to host it on my personal domain, and provide
a link from the H-W docs.

I know it's just a starting point, so I won't make any comment other
than to ask:
in Catalyst apps, do you usually pass $widget->process() a query
object from CGI.pm, rather than using Catalyst::Plugin::HTML::Widget ?
If so, why?

OT: can I also take this opportunity to ask if you've had a chance to
think about the points raised in the "HTML::Widget::Element::Field"
thread - specifically regarding the API, and the other ways in which
you might like to (ab)use H-W ? ;)

Cheers,
Carl