[Html-widget] css for HTML::Widget

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 16:06:19 GMT 2006

Hi,

Please don't restrain any comments - everything can help me in leading
this small project in the right direction.

Answering your question about using Catalyst::Plugin::HTML::Widget - I
just don't like empty modules.  I don't think the functionality in
this one really deserves additional module.

Answering your other question - I was thinking about using it as a
bridge between the programmers and designers communities.  So yes I
planned  to keep it open, like a wiki. Later we could build there some
anti-abuse means.  For now the question would be what could attract
designers here.  It looks like that would require individual
authorship - so that they would get some exposure for their work.

--
Zbyszek

On 11/3/06, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/11/06, Zbigniew Lukasiak <zzbbyy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > At http://zby.aster.net.pl/csslab/css I've created a simple appliance
> > for testing CSS for HTML::Widget.  Excuse me for the current form of
> > it - but before puting more work into that I wanted to ask your
> > opinion about it, and if you think this is usefull  then also if
> > someone could host it.
> >

> > The View page shows an example HTML::Widget result (with some errors)
> > styled with the CSS defined on the Edit page. I hope it does not
> > require much more explanation.  The source is at:
> > zby.aster.net.pl/CssLab-0.01.tar.gz.
>
> I think this looks like a great idea - with the potential to be a real
> time saver.
> Is it your intention that it would remain wide-open for public editing?
> If not, it might be worth hosting it on catalystframework.org, to make
> use of the authentication already in place.
> Otherwise, I'd be happy to host it on my personal domain, and provide
> a link from the H-W docs.
>
> I know it's just a starting point, so I won't make any comment other
> than to ask:
> in Catalyst apps, do you usually pass $widget->process() a query
> object from CGI.pm, rather than using Catalyst::Plugin::HTML::Widget ?
> If so, why?
>
> OT: can I also take this opportunity to ask if you've had a chance to
> think about the points raised in the "HTML::Widget::Element::Field"
> thread - specifically regarding the API, and the other ways in which
> you might like to (ab)use H-W ? ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

Zbigniew Lukasiak