[Html-widget] uploads in the results object?

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 09:12:11 GMT 2006

On 13/11/06, John Napiorkowski <jjn1056 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been starting to use HTML::Widgets with some
> forms uploading images and videos, but I find that
> information doesn't seem to show up in the expected
> places.  Right now the results object get the
> parameters but not any uploads.  The uploads stay with
> the base form object.

Looks like you're the first person to try using H-W for file uploads!
That's rather amusing.

> What would you all want in a path that passes uploads
> down to results object?  Would $results->upload(s) be
> fine or would people prefer some sort of merging of
> the upload data so we can set filters and contraints
> on it more easily?

Both the $query and  $uploads are already passed to process() on all
elements, filters and constraints.
I think just providing a $results->uploads() would be best, and copy
the basic logic from Result::valid() to decide which upload items to
return.

Carl