[Html-widget] embed

Adam Sjøgren adsj at novozymes.com
Mon Oct 2 13:29:48 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:22:08 +0100 (BST), Michael wrote:

> In latest versions of H::W, you can either:

>   explicitly add a top-level Fieldset (or other block-level container
>   element), and then add your elements to the fieldset [recommended]

> or:

>   if you first add an input or similar, H::W will generate a fieldset
>   for you (the implicit container) and add subsequent elements to that.
>   [this mimics the legacy behavior]

(Ah, this is why I haven't had any problems with my existing code -
there I am either exclusively embedding subparts or not embedding at
all).

> Your $set widget will have an implicit fieldset.  Once you embed it,
> that has become the top-level container in $widget, which then refuses
> to generate the 'implicit' container.

> I hope that makes sense.

It does indeed - thanks.

Perhaps the pod could be a little more explicit about this
"restriction" and the recommended usage - I couldn't find anywhere it
said that you have to think, :-), when using embed.

I will try to come up with a patch to that effect, time permitting.

  Thanks!

   Adam

--
                                                          Adam Sjøgren