[Html-widget] Styling forms with lists

Ash Berlin ash at cpan.org
Thu Sep 14 20:24:30 CEST 2006

Tobias Kremer wrote:
> I just came across this form styling tutorial:
>
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/prettyaccessibleforms
>
> I think the way it's done is pretty smart and I'd like to implement this
> using HTML::Widget. Building a container class which overrides _build_element
> to have every element inserted into a <li>..</li> block was no big deal. But
> unfortunately I couldn't find a way to alter the Fieldset element in a way
> that it outputs the neccessary opening and closing <li> tags:

> Any ideas on how to pull this off?
>
> Furthermore I wonder if somebody has already managed to display a date
> entry field as shown in the example with HTML::Widget (year, month, date in
> the same row). Maybe a HTML::Widget::Element::Date class would makes sense.
>
> -- Tobias

I'm sorry to say that currently this isn't possible with some hackery.
Your two options are basically
1) wait for the restructure that A. Pagaltzis (?) is working on
2) Create two pseudo elements, 1 for <ol> and another for </ol> and add
them at the start end with suitable containers.

Let me know if this isn't clear enough.

Ash