[Html-widget] please test svn trunk; imminent cpan release
fireartist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 16:22:01 CEST 2006
There's been quite a few changes recently, so I'd like to push out
another CPAN release.
Could anyone interested please test the svn version at
Changes since 1.08 include:
Major embed/fieldset changes
- Embedding completely refactored by Michael Gray.
- Can add elements to Fieldset elements, as an alternative to using
- process() is now called for embedded widgets.
- New $w->xhtml_strict accessor. When true, doesn't allow non-block
elements at the top-level of a form.
- New $w->explicit_ids( 1 ) method, stops auto-generation of id's in
the xml output.
- New CallbackOnce constraint
- New HTML::Widget::Manual::Developer.pod
Changes in behaviour
- After form submission, $result->as_xml() no longer uses an elements'
default value if that field wasn't submitted.
- Removed In constraint change added in v1.08 (in which validate
automatically passed an empty in() list)
- Select elements no longer automatically get an implicit In constraint
added. Set constrain_options() to true to get the old behaviour.
- RadioGroup elements no longer automatically get an implicit In
constraint added. Set constrain_values to true to get the old
The documentation has been reworked, including changing all method headers from
so that internal pod / html linking now works.
Arguments and return values are listed seperately, in the same manner
as the DBIx::Class docs.
All tests now also run with strict and warnings on.
You can see the full Changes file at
Thanks to everyone who've given feedback / suggestions, and especially
patches and tests!
More information about the Html-widget