[Html-widget] HTML-FormFu example xhtml

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 21:20:56 GMT 2007

http://www.fireartist.com/tmp/html-formfu/vertically-aligned.html

http://www.fireartist.com/tmp/html-formfu/vertically-aligned.pl

http://www.fireartist.com/tmp/html-formfu/vertically-aligned.tt

http://www.fireartist.com/tmp/html-formfu/vertically-aligned.css

http://www.fireartist.com/tmp/html-formfu/vertically-aligned-ie.css
> The 2nd file contains an IE-only style. It's loaded
> using a html/IE
> comment hack.
> It's not that big a deal, style-wise, if you choose
> to not include the
> IE css file.
>
> Most of the code functionality is working but I
> can't put it in a
> public svn quite yet, as I started off with the H-W
> codebase, and so
> the copyright notices in all the files are out of
> whack. - A minor
> thing which I'll fix after the weekend.
>
> However, for now, I'm just hoping that I get some
> feedback on my
> proposed markup and css classname use.
>
> Cheers,
> Carl

Carl,

This looks really nice, esp. some of the new stuff you
mentioned such as being able to easily initialize from
a config file.  One this that gives me a lot of
trouble with H::W is that I found it difficult/unclear
to make custom element classes to make my own custom
compound elements, or to make simple ready to use
elements like a drop field with all the USA States
already prepopulated.  Is making this easier/clearer a
design goal for your framework?

Also what are your plans for constraints and error
messages.

Another thing I am wondering about are you plans for
serializing the elements.  H::W is very tightly
intergrated with each element, so it's not easy to
create different renderings of a element.  At least I
found so.  What I am driving at is if the rendering
system was seperated it could be possible to render a
form into different styles, like html forms or xforms.
 But maybe this isn't a goal for you.  Just thinking.

--john