[Html-widget] Status of HTML::Widget?

Dave Morriss m.paradoxa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 21:24:26 GMT 2007

On 12/02/07, Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you using Catalyst-Plugin-HTML-Widget's widget_result() method to
> create the result object?
> If so, you need to set $w->indicator() to something. Normally, just
> the name of a field who's presence guarantees the form has been
> submitted. I normally use the name of a hidden field, so I know it'll
> always have a value.
> You can also set it to a code-ref, for more advanced calculation.

I'm sort of following the Catalyst Tutorial, so I'm not using
widget_result(), because it didn't. It just calls:

    my $result = $w->process($c->req);

I think what you've highlighted is a lack of understanding on my part.
I'm still at the "monkey see, monkey do" stage of building Catalyst
apps :-) Time for some more learning...

Thanks,
Dave