[Html-widget] css problems in formfu

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 16:13:25 GMT 2007

On 24/02/07, Mario Minati <mario at minati.de> wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> i am trying dfferent css for showing the errors for the last few hours
> and have now a solution that looks quite good for me (i also put it in
> the test case), but it doesn't work yet with no label input fields.
> Somehow it then builds two blocks of 11/12em, instead of one. Maybe you
> can have a look inside ;-)
>  There are two lines that I had to change from your css:
>
> fieldset .button,
> fieldset .checkbox,
> fieldset .contentbutton,
> fieldset .file,
> fieldset .image,
> fieldset .multi,
> fieldset .password,
> fieldset .radio,
> fieldset .reset,
> fieldset .select,
> fieldset .submit,
> fieldset .text,
> fieldset .textarea
> {
>     display: block;
>     clear: left;
>     border: 0;
>     margin: 1px;
>     /* when no label */
>     /*margin-left: 12em;*/
>     margin-left: 0em;
> }
>
> FF2 doesn't react on the
> fieldset .button.label, definitions.
> At last itsems that way.
>
> The other selector was:
> fieldset .comment .comment {
>     /* when no label */
>     display: block;
>     margin-left: 12em;
>     /* margin-left: 0em; */
> }

Ah, I hadn't copied the recent css error fix from svn to the online app.
I've added a new css file named 'carl errors' with some tweaks for
error display.
I've also added a new form with errors on it - so you can test it live.

> In my opinion the following selector is never used as there are no
> comment classes inside a label class, just after.
> fieldset .label .comment {
>     display: block;
>     margin-left: 12em;
> }

The ".label" refers to the containing span with class="label".
A "label" without the preceeding full-stop would target a label tag.

Cheers,
Carl