[Fwd: [Html-widget] formfu - big changes!]

Carl Franks fireartist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:24:59 GMT 2007

On 12/03/07, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Von:  Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com>
> > You might notice in the above, it was 'text' and not 'Text'.
> > I've lowercased all the element filenames.
> > My reasoning is, that it was giving too high a visual cue to the
> > element type, which isn't really the most important thing - generally
> > the name is.
> > I think in the yaml example above, the leading dash for each list item
> > provides enough of a cue/divider between each element.
> > Now, I'm not a 100% on this change, so I'm open to discussion, but I
> > think it's generally for the best.
>
> Why don't you put in a 'lc' or 'ucfirst' so everyone can decide himself howto
> write the elements?

I'm not sure about this, because it would require us to do a full
directory scan of all dirs in @INC.
Although I'm trying not to optimize in advance, I do need formfu to be
light weight enough to run in a CGI (non-persistent) environment.
I'm sure if case-insensitivity meant such a scan happening on every
miss, most people would just use the correct case as a matter of
course, so we wouldn't really gain anything in adding it.

Is there any other implementation that could give us this?

Carl