[Html-widget] formfu contributions?

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:54:35 GMT 2007

On 3/15/07, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:
> For me that is nothing that should be part of FormFu (as it's concentrated on
> Forms) but maybe of LayoutFu (which could connect closely to FormFu).

The most common complaint about HTML::Widget was that it breaks the
division between the Controller and the View - by realizing layout in
the Controller.  We have the various templating languages that work
for layout quite well and I don't think we need another one.  But we
do need some sane way of delegating the layout functions from FormFu
to the templating system. This was discussed quite extensively here -
but still I don't see any adequate answer to this issue. What I would
propose is a two way approach - first you should be able to start with
just using [% form %] in the template for the page and [% form.css %]
in the template for CSS and get some sane layout. Then there should be
a way to gradually move parts of what [% form %] generates into the
template - so that if you are not happy with the generated HTML you
can replace it gradually chunk by chunk.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/