[Fwd: [Html-widget] formfu - big changes!]

Mario Minati mario.minati at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:26:21 GMT 2007

Am Freitag 16 März 2007 13:07 schrieb Carl Franks:
> On 15/03/07, Mario Minati <mario.minati at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > > I'm sure if case-insensitivity meant such a scan happening on every
> > > miss, most people would just use the correct case as a matter of
> > > course, so we wouldn't really gain anything in adding it.
> >
> > No, I meant to force lower case module names, but give the user the
> > opportunity to write the type in the case he wants to and force it to
> > lowercase with lc.
>
> What I meant about being unsure of the name changes - was that if
> there's a consensus that the element type deserves the higher
> visibility that camelCase gives - that I'm happy for the file names to
> be changed back.
> My point was that I feel giving the type the higher visibility
> detracts from the element name.
> I do think though that we need to decide on one, and stick with it - I
> don't think it's an aspect that really deserves user-settable options
> - and having different ways of naming would mean example configs (sent
> to the list or in the docs) would need translated by the user into the
> case of their choice - which I think would be an unnecessary pain.

Ok agree.

I started using blank lines to improve readability of the yaml files.
Usually I would say stick with the way we usually do things in Perl, in other
words use camel case.
But we I look at a camel cased yaml config it's easier to ready lowercase
types as the element names is (usually) also lowercase.

What about creating forms the HTML-Widget way?
I think that looks better with camel case as it's perl code.

That would led me back to allowing coding forms in both ways and lc-ing the
element type (forcing element and maybe constraints, etc module names to be
lowercase on disk).

OT:
By the way, did you ever try to right align one form element in a multi
element composed of alltogether three elements?

Enjoy your weekend,
Mario