[MetaCPAN] Perl Core Modules

Karen Etheridge perl at froods.org
Fri Dec 21 17:38:07 GMT 2018

As Shlomi says, it's not necessary to use a networked API for that
information, as it is available locally, via the corelist command
available in the Module-CoreList distribution.

May I ask why you want to find a module's core status? That's not
usually relevant information. Core modules should still be listed as
prerequisites in distribution metadata, as modules have been added and
removed to core as the years go by, and sometimes one needs a feature
in a core module that only appeared in a later version. Also, some
operating system distributions have in the past been known to omit
some core modules from their perl packages, which makes things
complicated if a distribution's prerequisites omits those modules.