[MojoMojo] MojoMojo extensions

Marcus Ramberg marcus at nordaaker.com
Wed Nov 25 18:19:31 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM, hoelzro <rob at hoelzro.net> wrote:

> I don't know how well this idea fits with MojoMojo's objectives, but I
> figured I'd get it out into the ether for critiquing, and if people like it,
> slated for a future release.
>
> I was thinking MM could use an extension mechanism similar to MediaWiki's.
> Here's a summary of my ideas:
>
> - Additional page actions.  I don't have a concrete example of how this
> would be used, but I can see how it would come in handy.
> - Modification of existing page actions.  I don't know how this would work,
> and if an overriden/augmented action were provided by another extension, we
> would have to deal with the fun that is plugin load order.
I am a bit of a sceptic to these two. Granted, the comment plugin adds
some page actions, but the implementation of it is a bit of an
abdomination in my opinion. What I really would like is support for
external applications getting embedded at certain nodes of the wiki
tho, for instance giving control to Angerwhale or mojolicious at /blog
for instance, but still wrapped in the general design of the wiki. I'm
not sure how feasible this is though.

> - Additional syntax.  This seems to be provided by the formatter stuff
> already.

Yepp

> - Special pages.  These could all be under /special/, or they might exist
> anywhere in the hierarchy (I think all existing under /special/ and adding
> redirects if you want them would be a good option).  Special pages just
> dispatch to extension controllers to deliver custom content, and can even
> take arguments (ex. /special/calenders/home/Nov 2009).

This seems somewhat similar to what I am talking about above.

With regards
Marcus Ramberg