[MojoMojo] SMTP mail settings (tried both localhost and mailserver) in mojomojo.conf

lsm lmarso at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:40:34 GMT 2010

My configuration in mojomojo.conf includes

email    SMTP
email    192.168.4.2

MojoMojo is running on a webserver.  In the shell on that webserver, I can:

telnet 192.168.4.2 25

and talk to the email server.

With the above configuration, shouldn't MojoMojo be able to talk to the
email server and send email?  Or am I missing something?

tcpdump reports no packets generated.  Even when I set email to localhost, I
see no local packets generated.  this is not a firewall issue.

debug reports:

[debug] C::V::Email::Template uses default view
MojoMojo::View::TT=HASH(0x4909768) for rendering.
[debug] C::V::Email uses default content_type text/plain.
[debug] Rendering template "mail/reset_password.tt"
[debug] C::V::Email uses specified content_type text/plain.
[debug] Rendering template "user/recover_pass.tt"
[info] Request took 0.210454s (4.752/s)

Is some other facility required to support email in MojoMojo?