[northwestengland.pm] North West England Perl Mongers - Manchester - Technical meeting Thursday 16th October 2010

Ian Norton i.d.norton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 13:19:48 GMT 2010

Hi All,

This months North West England Perl Mongers technical meeting will
once more be held at the rather fine Madlab and will be a dual purpose
evening. Firstly, it's going to be lightening talks on whatever your
heart desires, secondly it's lightening talks for Hackday 2010
(http://northwestengland.pm.org/meetings/023.html).  Physical
attendance isn't required for the hackday as we'll all be attending
electronically as well as those who can make it physically!

Last year we contributed a substantial amount of work to the
Enlightened Perl Organisations IronMan blogging competition. This
year, we could be looking at YOUR project!

Come and present a lightening talk and tell us why we should work on
your project. At the end of the evening, the membership of the group
will vote on which project we will work on at the November hackday.

The meeting will begin at 19:30, go on for a bit and then be followed
by a trip to a local hostilry.

Proposals can be found or posted at the NWE Wiki found at
http://www.nwewiki.markkeating.me.uk/index.php?title=Hackday/2010

Remember, North West England Perl Mongers covers a large geographical
area!  If you want us to bring the camel and penguin to your area and
you can organise a venue for approximately twenty people, please do
let me know.

Please forward this email to friends, colleagues or lists that you
think might be interested.

Regards, Ian.