[northwestengland.pm] Perl training - Spread the word

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 21:09:09 GMT 2012

Let's see if we can help spread the word for this:

It's almost five years since we ran the original Perl Teach-In day at
the BBC. So it's about time that we did another one.

And that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm running a free, one-day
Perl course at Google Campus in London on Saturday 4th August.

You can book tickets at http://perltraining.eventbrite.co.uk/.

Last time we ran a course that turned intermediate Perl programmers into
advanced Perl programmers. This time I'm aiming at the other end of the
scale. The course is called "Modern Perl for Non-Perl Programmers" and
it will be aimed at people who haven't written any Perl (or who have
written very little Perl) and over six hours I'll be planning to to
persuade them just how useful modern Perl is.

That, of course, means that people on this list aren't really in the
target audience. But I expect that you all know people who are (it's
very unlikely that any of you don't know any non-Perl programmers). So
I'd like to ask for your help in promoting the course. Please share the
link in as many places as you can think of where non-Perl programmers
might congregate.

Cheers,

Dave...

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons), Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder.
Managing Director: http://www.shadow.cat