[northwestengland.pm] Perl developer required!

Gemma Allen-Muncey gemma at spareroom.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 16:19:54 GMT 2012

Hello,

After hiring one fantastic new Perl developer a couple of months ago,
we've decided we want another!

SpareRoom.co.uk is the UK's leading Flatshare website and is growing
fast.  With over 2 million visits per month we have high traffic but the
site is owner managed and run by a small friendly team from our offices
in Macclesfield.  We are looking for an experienced Perl developer to
join the team.

Responsibilities:
* Refactoring legacy Perl code
* Implementing tests
* Bug fixing
* Developing new features
* Developing and maintaining coding standards

Required skills:
* Perl 5 procedural programming in a web application environment
* Software testing
* MySQL
* Version control software (ideally Subversion)

Desirable skills:
* Apache & mod_perl
* OO Perl
* Javascript
* HTML
* CSS
* Selenium
* Experience with busy websites
* Linux sysadmin
* Mac OS X usage

Essential qualities:
* Ability to work as part of a small team
* An understanding of the importance of uptime for a busy web site
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills

Salary £30 -£40k dependent on experience.

If interested please email CV to: gemma at spareroom.co.uk.

Many thanks,

Gemma

Gemma Allen-Muncey