[Number-phone] Please test the latest Number::Phone

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Jul 21 22:43:56 GMT 2017

Version 3.4001 of Number::Phone broke MetaCPAN when it tried to index
the humungous module Number::Phone::UK::Data. I have a fix for this
which is now on the CPAN as version 3.4001_01. It moves all the data
into a seperate file that isn't a perl module:

https://github.com/DrHyde/perl-modules-Number-Phone/issues/70
https://github.com/metacpan/metacpan-api/issues/709

Please can you test this in your dev or testing environments for me! I
am particularly interested in tests on Windows, which I don't have
access to.

Install it thus:

$ cpan DCANTRELL/Number-Phone-3.4001_01.tar.gz

And then after you've installed it please run some simple tests, eg

$ perl -MNumber::Phone -E \
     'say(Number::Phone->new("+442087712924")->format())'

It should tell you what database file it is using and return a nicely
formatted number, something like:

Using file
/Users/david/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.20.2/lib/site_perl/5.20.2/auto/share/dist/Number-Phone/Number-Phone-UK-Data.db
+44 20 8771 2924

Other than this architectural change the only other changes are data
updates, including some new US and Canadian area codes that have either
come into use recently or are scheduled to do so in the near future.

Thanks!