[OSUNIX-dev] OSUNIX as ILLUMOS replacement?

"C. Bergström" codestr0m at osunix.org
Mon Apr 11 14:06:02 GMT 2011

Damian Wojsław wrote:
> Quoting Stamos Tolias <stamtolias at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello OSUNIX list,
>>
>> I've been very dissatisfied what is happening at ILLUMOS and I found
>> many many others which are suffering from Garrett D'Amore/NEXENTA and
>> their narrow-minded, ZFS centric dictatorship and cathedral
>> development model.
>> We are going to fork ILLUMOS and make it the place we think will be
>> the real successor to OPENSOLARIS with a different development model
>> where multiple equals, each owning a functionality, work together in a
>> bazaar of ideas and dreams.
>> Would OSUNIX be willing to become an ILLUMOS replacement and host us?
>>
>> Stamos
>>

> Would you please state and give examples?
Anyone who knows me could guess my opinion easily, but logistically I
can get or setup pretty much any of the following..

1) Jira for issue tracking
2) Github (or bitbucket) for source control
3) Forums/mailing list.. etc (It's all in place)

So just consider me at anyone's disposal if I can help out.
(OSUNIX/Illumos/Oracle/OpenIndiana.. etc)

./C