[Xml-compile] Adding namespaced attributes to elements

Mark Overmeer solutions at overmeer.net
Mon Aug 18 12:24:30 BST 2008

* Drew Taylor (drew at drewtaylor.com) [080818 11:16]:
> This is an example of the element where I need a namedspaced attribute
> added:
> <Segment Apply="Included" ID="CELASSGS" xsi:type="SegmentInsuranceType">
> <![CDATA[foo bar baz]]>
> <Code Name="Code" Role="Reference" Value="xxx"/>
> <Price Ref="PA" Value="100"/>
> </Segment>
>
> In my case there are only a few elements which need the attribute, so
> a hook would probably suffice. A nicer way would be useful of
> course. :-)

Can you tell me the reason for this xsi:type?  When it is within
SOAP, then it is probably rpc-encoded... and there is a mechanism
to do so.

In your case, it may be in mixed elements... but how is your schema
definition for this component?

drs Mark A.C.J. Overmeer                                MARKOV Solutions
       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net