[Xml-compile] What is $action in XML::Compile::Tester synopsis

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Mon Nov 24 13:15:53 GMT 2008

* Zbigniew Lukasiak (zzbbyy at gmail.com) [081124 13:00]:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Mark Overmeer <mark at overmeer.net> wrote:
> > * Zbigniew Lukasiak (zzbbyy at gmail.com) [081124 12:36]:

> >> Which one?  I have not found any example using XML::Compile::Tester.
> >
> > When you are implementing the ::SOAP::HTTPDaemon, then you need to
> > look in the example directory of that distribution.
> > http://search.cpan.org/src/MARKOV/XML-Compile-SOAP-Daemon-0.11/examples/namesservice/
>
> Hmm:
>
> zl at perl:~/tmp/XML-Compile-SOAP-Daemon-0.11> find examples/
> examples/
> examples/namesservice
> examples/namesservice/MyExampleData.pm
> examples/namesservice/README
> examples/namesservice/client.pl
> examples/namesservice/servtempl.pl
> examples/namesservice/namesservice.xsd
> examples/namesservice/MyExampleCalls.pm
> examples/namesservice/namesservice.wsdl
> examples/namesservice/server.pl
> zl at perl:~/tmp/XML-Compile-SOAP-Daemon-0.11> grep Tester examples/ -R
> zl at perl:~/tmp/XML-Compile-SOAP-Daemon-0.11>
>
> Looks like there aren't any Tester examples in Daemon.

I ment Daemon examples in the daemon distribution.

As I wrote you earlier, the ::Tester does not have support for ::SOAP
and ::SOAP::Daemon testing, only for basic XML construction testing.
Of course, you can create tests for components of the schema defined is
the WSDL.  The XML::Compile test scripts use ::Tester heavily.

Which version of the Tester do you have?  0.04 has a lot of
examples.  Isn't that enough?

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net