[Xml-compile] What is $action in XML::Compile::Tester synopsis

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 13:56:26 GMT 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Mark Overmeer <mark at overmeer.net> wrote:
> * Zbigniew Lukasiak (zzbbyy at gmail.com) [081124 13:31]:
>> > Which version of the Tester do you have?  0.04 has a lot of
>> > examples.  Isn't that enough?
>>
>> zl at perl:~/tmp/XML-Compile-Tester-0.04> ls
>> blib  ChangeLog  lib  Makefile  Makefile.PL  MANIFEST  META.yml
>> pm_to_blib  README  t
>>
>> zl at perl:~/tmp/XML-Compile-Tester-0.04> ls t
>> 01use.t  pod.t
>> zl at perl:~/tmp/XML-Compile-Tester-0.04>
>>
>> I've also tried find - but I could not find the examples.
>
> Try
>   man XML::Compile::Tester
> Are those insufficient?
>
> But you are right: there are no tests in ::Tester...
> I need XML::Compile to run the tests, but can not have a cyclic reference
> between distributions...  ::Compile needs ::Tester, and ::Tester should
> need ::Compile for most tests... that is a limitation of CPAN.

Sorry I was a bit confused - what I really was looking at was the
synopsis of XML::Compile::SOAP::Tester. There was that $my_ns variable
that I did not know what value it should have (as I described in the
first email).

In the XML::Compile::Tester there is similar part:

# set default namespace, such that $type only needs to use local
 my $type   = pack_type($ns, 'localName'); # X::C::Util
 set_default_namespace($ns);
 my $type   = 'localName';

But it is never  explained what should be in  the $ns variable above.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/