[Xml-compile] Is XML::Compile the right tool for writing a SOAP server?

rahed raherh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 16:37:09 GMT 2009

Petar Shangov <pshangov at yahoo.com> writes:

> Anyway, at the end of the day I decided to try to use SOAP::Lite for
> the soap layer, and have XML::C handle only the serialization of perl
> data to XML. SOAP::Lite's SOAP::Data seems suitable only for very
> simple data structures, but fortunately it can accept raw xml as well.

Could you send some complex type XML structure you cannot use with
SOAP::Lite? I've heard several times it's not possible but
(un)fortunately haven't run across. I only avoid generating it directly
from wsdl.

I hope it's not off topic, also am pondering to switch in future from
SOAP::Lite to XML::Compile.

--
Radek