[Xml-compile] XML::Compile::SOAP 2.02 woes (3)

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Tue Mar 24 08:08:34 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 08:39:23PM +0100, Mark Overmeer wrote:
> * Gert Doering (gert at space.net) [090320 17:48]:
> > following up on this.  This does not only happen with SOAP::Lite on
> > the server side (where I could be convinced that this is a SOAP::Lite
> > breakage), but we also see this on a production server, on Telefonica
> > side.
>
> I know what happens: both SOAP and HTTP use the same codes to express
> errors.  So, error 500 can mean that HTTP fails but also that the
> SOAP application complains.  Currently, a 500 is always interpreted
> as an HTTP error.

Is there an easy way to hack around this?  I tried to understand the
code, and couldn't really see what was going on where.

For our purposes, an algorithm along the lines

  "if $response looks like a well-formed SOAP FAULT
         ignore the HTTP error code, return the SOAP FAULT
   else
         see what can be done with the HTTP error code
         (but don't write to stderr, return this in a way that the
         application can do anything meaningful with it)"

would be best.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  128645

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279