[Xml-compile] Is XML::Compile the right tool for writing a SOAP server?

Petar Shangov pshangov at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 14:25:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have a SOAP::Lite-based server which currently exposes functions whose input and output types are only strings or arrays of strings. A new version of the application however will require the exchange of rather complex nested objects. I already have a WSDL file which defines the structure of these objects, and I was thinking that I could use XML::Compile to serialize my perl data structures into the appropriate XML. I have been looking at the documentation of XML::Compile::SOAP::Server but I still cannot figure out if it is the right tool for me - should I be using it in conjunction with SOAP::Lite or should I use it on its own to implement the server?

Thanks,

Petar