[Xml-compile] WSDL::Compile

Mark Overmeer solutions at overmeer.net
Wed Nov 25 15:44:52 GMT 2009

* "Alex J. G. Burzyński" (ajgb at ajgb.net) [091125 14:53]:
> First I'd like to thank for your excellent XML::Compile module!
>
> As my thanks I've created a WSDL::Compile::Serialize module that can handle
> serializing the object data/hashref to and from XML::Compile::SOAP::Client.

It is quite hard to understand the code without examples.  Maybe you can
add your script to an examples directory?

What I see from an initial inspection of your code, is that you created
XML nodes for the WSDL yourself.  However, there is a far simpler
solution. Something along the lines of:

   my $wsdl = XML::Compile::WSDL->new;
   my $doc  = XML::LibXML::Document->new('1.0', 'UTF-8');

   my $def  = {   # create your WSDL information here
                wsdl_message => ...
              , wsdl_service => ...
              };

   my $xml  = $wsdl->writer("wsdl:definitions")->($doc, $def);
   $xml->toFile($fn, 1);

That way, you get a WSDL which will strictly follow the WSDL and XML
encoding rules.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net