[Xml-compile] Problem when returning data from handler: Can't call method "wasFatal"

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Tue Mar 16 12:44:27 GMT 2010

* Robin V. (robinsp at gmail.com) [100316 10:51]:
> call data not used: CheckStatusResponse
>  at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/XML/Compile/SOAP.pm line 153

This is a validation error: the structure of your Perl is not
what is expected. In your case, CheckStatusResponse is part of
a substitutionGroup which does make it hard to provide a good
error message.  However, in debug mode
  use Log::Report mode => 'DEBUG'
will give you the failing attempts... besides zillion lines of
extra output. The CheckStatusResponseStructure seems to be
very complex with many obligatory components.

The one this I can say: the top-level of your return structured
is not correct. You may try to leave-out the CheckStatusResponse
as a whole.

Add

 print $wsdl->template(PERL =>
   "{http://www.siri.org.uk/siri}CheckStatusResponse");

to your script to see what the expected structure is.  The  "siri_"
key prefixes depend on the key_rewrite => 'PREFIXED' parameter.

Apparently, $@ is not cleared.

> I think I miss some kind of idiot guide to xml::compile :-/

There are many manual-pages. The first step may not be so simple...
but once you have the first call working, it will go easy.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net