[Xml-compile] Attribute named "type" causing problems?

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Sun May 2 19:44:39 GMT 2010

* Heiko Jansen (heiko_jansen at web.de) [100501 22:19]:
> I am, however, just getting an error message from XML::Compile::Schema and I
> don't really understand if that's my fault or if I just stumbled on an error
> in X::C::S.
>
> If I dump $data this is the output fragment for the "name" element:
> -- snip --
> {
>     'name' => {
>         'cho_namePart' => [
>             { 'namePart' => { '_' => 'Alterman, Eric' } },
>             { 'role' => {
>                     'seq_roleTerm' => [ {
>                         'roleTerm' => { 'type' => 'text', '_' => 'creator' }
>                         } ] }
>             } ],
>         'type' => 'simple'
>     }
> },

With
  print $schema->template(PERL => $type);

I found out that there are two conflicting "type" attributes on
the element:
        # is a xs:string
        # Enum: conference corporate personal
        type => "example",

        # attribute type is fixed
        type => "simple",

The latter is provided by simpleLink.  I have no solution yet. No
idea what the specs say about this situation.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net