[Xml-compile] Attribute named "type" causing problems?

Heiko Jansen heiko_jansen at web.de
Sun May 2 20:31:38 GMT 2010

Am Sonntag, 2. Mai 2010 21:44:39 schrieb Mark Overmeer:

> With
>   print $schema->template(PERL => $type);
>
> I found out that there are two conflicting "type" attributes on
> the element:
>         # is a xs:string
>         # Enum: conference corporate personal
>         type => "example",

>         # attribute type is fixed
>         type => "simple",
>
> The latter is provided by simpleLink.  I have no solution yet. No
> idea what the specs say about this situation.

Hmmm - there is

<mods
  xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
  xmlns="http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3"

in the record - doesn't that mean that the conflict you mention is already
implicitly resolved here with a bare 'type' clearly belonging to the MODS
namespace, whereas the other "type" would require a "xlink:" prefix??

Heiko