[Xml-compile] Tracing XML::Compile

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Wed Jul 13 15:08:49 GMT 2011

> I'm relatively new to XML::Compile. I want to get a trace output to
> debug an error.

I am currently on holidays in de South of France, so limited support.

> With this code I get an error ("error: cannot find element or attribute
> `{http://mojo.renee-baecker.de/}findCustomersByName'"):

Probably a namespace error. The operation 'findCustomersByName' uses
and element named 'findCustomersByName' which is nowhere to be found.
Is that defined in an external schema file? Then you must load those
file(s) as well explicitly using importDefinitions()

> my $url   = 'http://mojo.renee-baecker.de/CustomerServiceEndpoint-test.wsdl';
> my $content = get( $url );

Although the official design concept of WSDL, dynamically loading of
those files is a really bad idea. And the url mentioned by import
and include elements are nearly always wrong as well. Better to
put both on a local disk first.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net