[Xml-compile] WSDL request and response structure

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Tue Mar 8 15:45:32 GMT 2011

* Bill Moseley (moseley at hank.org) [110307 15:52]:
> Frankly, I'm new to WSDL and it's a bit overwhelming trying to look
> through the XML to determine the request and response parameters.

Ah, you're human ;-)
[I am this week on a short holidays, so sorry for the delay in responses]

> I looked at the docs, and the schema2example script, but have not been
> able to see how to make use of those.
> Can that method (or the included scripts) be used to detail the structure
> of the request and response?

schema2example can be used to see schema structures, but does not know
about SOAP calls.

> I also have a person.xsd schema file.  Will ->template or the included scripts
> show me the overall structure of those messages and the parameter attributes?
> Could someone show an example how to accomplish this?

You need to write a basic program (about 10 lines) to be able to produce
these.  Something like

  my $wsdl = XML::Compile::WSDL->new(....);
  $wsdl->importDefinitions(...);
  print $wsdl->explain('createPerson', PERL => 'OUTPUT', recurse => 1);

That should suffice.
Don't hessitate to ask more details.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net