[Xml-compile] Help with compiling serializers and de-serializers

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed May 25 00:56:15 GMT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Mark Overmeer <mark at overmeer.net> wrote:

> Did you take a look at XML::Compile::Daemon?  The daemon is a server.

I took your suggestion and used the approach used in XML::Compile::Daemon.
 Thanks very much for the help.  It was easier to start fresh than work
backwards from the Catalyst::Controller::SOAP code.

But, I do have a question about handling faults.  I suspect I've missed
something else.

I essentially build handler callback subs that call out to methods in a
Catalyst controller (e.g. sub createPerson {} ).  In my callback sub I wrap
the call out to the Catalyst controller method in an eval and on an
exception I return { Fault =3D> { ... } } hash.  This results in a nice SOAP
fault response -- well a nice generic server error message.

My question is if I have a fault condition *before* I call the handler code
is there an existing method that will create a fault document?  For example,
if an invalid SOAPHeader is provided, I can't parse the XML, or the request
method is not a POST.  Is there a method to build the SOAP fault response?

XML::Compile::SOAP::Daemon has a few methods at the bottom that just return
non-200 HTTP status codes and a text message, it seems.

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org