[Xml-compile] handling decode errors in server responses (XML::Compile::WSDL11)

Mark Blackman m.blackman at fairfx.com
Fri Nov 25 16:54:59 GMT 2011

So, I've upgraded to XML-Compile-SOAP-2.25 (from 2.08) and I'm finding that
decode errors are handled a bit differently, so I wondered what the suggested handling
should be now.

In XCS 2.08, an excess element (compared to the WSDL) in the *response* would lead to an exception,
but in XCS 2.25, I just get an empty hash back and some potentially useful hash keys are set in
the trace object (XML::Compile::SOAP::Trace), like decode_errors.

In the documentation for XML::Compile::WSDL11 and XML::Compile::SOAP::Trace, I find no reference
to decode_errors as a place to look, so maybe that's not the right thing to do.

Should XCS 2.25 actually raise an exception for a decode error, the way it used to?

- Mark