[Xml-compile] Passing extended types to server expecting base type

Gary Kennedy gary at apnic.net
Mon Nov 28 22:47:04 GMT 2011

Worked this out :)

Basically you have to construct the xsiType table yourself and either pass it to new, or set it on the WSDL11 object.

eg, XML::Compile::WSDL11->new($wsdl, xsi_type => $xsiType) or $xcw->xsiType($xsiType)

Once you have all the extended/base types in the table, XCW understands exactly how to deserialize and using XSI_TYPE keys in the hashes you pass will serialise properly.

Cheers,
Gary