[Xml-compile] schema namespace `<none>' not (yet) supported

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Mon Aug 27 07:57:31 GMT 2012

* Anthony Wood (bessington at gmail.com) [120827 03:32]:
> $schema->addSchemaDirs('/cygdrive/h/tony.wood/xml/xsd');
not needed.

> $schema->importDefinitions('xlink.xsd');
>  schema namespace `<none>' not (yet) supported
>
> sure enough, xlink.xsd doesn't have an xmlsn tag (is that the right
> terminlology ?) so presumably no namespaces defined. Is there anything i
> can do to work around this issue ?

Correct.  The error message is a bit fague: it complains that the
"schema" itself is not in a name-space and therefore does not know
how to interpret is.

When I download the file from the indicated location, the default
xmlns seems to be repaired.  It now does work.

Some of the schema parameters can be overruled.  I need this every once
in a while, because many schemas are broken in some way or another.
See XML::Compile::Schema::addSchemas()   However, a missing top-level
namespace is really bad.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net