[Xml-compile] Data validation

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Mon Mar 19 13:52:27 GMT 2012

* Mark Grimes (mgrimes at cpan.org) [120319 13:41]:
> I am wonder if there is a way to get more information about failed
> data validation. When I attempt the remote call (via $wdsl->call) I
> trap any exceptions, but the error message is limited. For instance,
> if there are multiple errors I only get information about the first,

In general, it is not possible to continue processing after errors. For a
sub-set of schema features, yes.  It is worse than, for instance, a parser
for Perl code... and we all know what a missing ';' can mean there :-(

> and if there are multiple instances of a particular key, there is no
> way to differentiate between them.

In some sitations, that would be possible: when the handling routine
has it's hands on the DOM element.  However, for validation of facets
and such, that node is not passed on that far deep in the code.

       Mark at Overmeer.net                          solutions at overmeer.net